Orthodontists specialize in correcting the position of teeth by using braces and other appliances. We're part of team of dental professionals that includes:
- Dentists: responsible for general dental health, including filings, crowns, dentures, teeth cleaning and whitenings.
- Pedodontists: dentists that treat children
- Prosthodontists: specialists in restoring damaged teeth with crowns and veneers; replacing missing teeth with bridges and dentures; and placing dental implants.
- Endodontists: specialists in performing root canal treatments
- Periodontists: specialists in preventing and treating gum disease and placing dental implants
Orthodontists, pedodontists, prosthodontists, endodontists and periodontists are specialists, which means they have additional education, training and experience in their area.